Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 24

Today we are 23 weeks pregnant and entering our 24th week! Our baby weighs about a pound and a half and is gaining about six ounces per week. He is about eight and a half inches long from crown to rump.
His face is almost fully formed and except for the chubbiness that he will now begin to gain, he looks like what he will look like at birth. He can hear all kinds of sounds from my breathing, digestion, my voice and Matt's voice to dogs barking and honking horns.
He has been moving a lot lately and I love it! Matt has not been able to feel him yet, but I'm sure that moment is around the corner. My next doctor's appointment is next Wednesday, November 17th!
I picked up the dresser yesterday and Matt couldn't help but start to put it together! After unpacking the box and looking at all the pieces, I tried to convince him to wait but he put the frame together. I am sure he will get the drawers finished tonight!

Matt starting to build the dresser. He didn't want me to take his picture so I made sure that I couldn't see his face in the picture on purpose.

The frame started.

The frame finished. On to the drawers!

The room hasn't changed much but I thought I'd take a picture. I think this is the best picture that actually captures the color of the room.

The other side of the room.

I finished painting the letters that will act as a border around the top of the room. Since we (Matt) was assembling the dresser, we moved the letters to the spare bedroom. We have been having a hard time trying to figure out how to attach the letters to the walls but I think we are going to try Velcro and see how that works out. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

The letters!

I will post pictures of the room and the dresser once it is all cleaned and pretty again! Y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment