Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer, School, Fall and The Nursery

I know it has been forever since I have blogged so...let me see if I can get everyone up to date! Now that I am back in school and have internet access, I'll be updating more often.
July-Matt and I had the chance to go visit his family in Iowa during the first week in July. We had a great time spending the 4th with his relatives, seeing the parade and shooting fireworks. We took a few days with his parents and visited the black hills. It was beautiful! We saw The Bad Lands, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood, Wall Drug, and so much more! It was amazing to be up in the mountains. It actually snowed on us one evening!
The rest of July was filled with hanging around the house, swimming and trying not to think about going back to school. Poor Matt....he has to get up and leave while I am still in bed! Maybe he'll come to the dark side one of these days!
August-I started back to school at the beginning of August. (Boo!) Matt came up and helped me organize my room one day but for the most part I am pretty set since this is my fourth year in this room. The kids did not start back until August 24th which was nice. I am really looking forward to this year. I get to co-teach with an excellent teacher, Mary Buchholz. We share four out of my five classes. My class sizes are fairly small and my schedule is really nice. We also have standardized dress this year and I think it has really improved behavior!
September-We finally started to get some cooler weather....but I don't know how long it will last. The last few days it has been in the 80s and 90s and has been wonderful! Today is a rainy day but it is keeping the weather cool so I am just fine with it!
The Nursery-For those of you who have not heard, Matt and I are expecting! We are due March 9th and we could not be happier. We have had two sonograms and things are going along very well. Matt talks to my belly regularly (most of the time he yells but I think I may have broken him of that habit) and has been taking care of me very well. Many of you have asked how I am feeling...and the only thing I can say is that I feel sick most of the time. I am either starving or feel sick because I just ate. I can't and will not complain! I feel like the luckiest person in the world to be able to be a mom! ...and the side effects are totally worth it...are you kidding?...I get to be a mom! I am 14 weeks today so maybe I am on the downward slope of feeling icky.
This weekend we were able to get a lot accomplished with the nursery. When Matt and I decided to start trying for a baby, we cleared out the spare room and the office and combined them into one room. The front room is now the spare room and the nursery will be over by the garage. This weekend we finished clearing out the nursery so we could begin painting and setting up furniture.
We found a great set of furniture at Babies R Us but when we went to order it the "free shipping" ended up being $145! However, Target was having a great sale. If you bought a crib...you got a changing table for free. We headed to Target and we both really liked the crib so we bought it. I feel a bit silly for buying things so soon, but it was such a good deal. We would really like to have a dresser in the babies room, so we will be on the look out for good dresser deals!
I had a few pictures of the crib but they are not downloading so this is whatcha get for now!
While we were at Babies R Us (looking at cribs) we looked at baby bedding and found one that Matt and I both liked a lot. I knew that I wanted an animal (most likely jungle animal) theme with deep and rich colors. Plus, I felt like it would be gender nutral so we could start painting before knowing if our baby is a boy or a girl.

We really like the deep colors and the ABC/123.

It is never to early to start teaching! :)

Since we ended up finding bedding and furniture this weekend, we decided to buy paint as well. We are doing a deep yellow called Golden Moon with five accent colors, Heirloom Red, Deep Walnut, Deep Sea Diving (blue), Boughs of Pine (green) and Orange Maple. We are hoping to get big wooden letters and paint them with the accent colors and use it as a type of border around the wall near the ceiling.

I better get to work! I will post more soon! I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment