Friday, June 18, 2010

Softball 6-17-10

Yesterday I stayed after summer school to plan with the other 8th grade science teachers. Our hope is that we will get the entire year planned so we wont have to do much planning during the year next year. I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade science and since I have never taught 7th grade science, I will need to plan with the 7th grade team. We got a lot done and are almost through with the first semester. We plan to meet again in mid-July to finalize the first semester and move into the second semester!
I drove home, changed, let Lucy out and relaxed for a few minutes before meeting Matt in Waxahachie for our softball game. The game was...interesting. We played a team that was 0-2 and let's just say we got them out of their slump! :) The final score was 16-0 and now we are 1-1. I did get some really good practice playing center and learning silly rules like not going past second base, not stepping on home plate when batting, not moving the bat even slightly when a ball is hurling toward my face or it will be a strike no matter what, it is only a foul ball if it goes past the foul line after it passes first base and we can actually request a specific umpire. Regardless, it was all for fun....however, Matt and I did go out for a beer after just to relax a bit.
I did not get to take pictures. I thought I'd get a picture of Matt batting but I was right after him so I was warming up. We only sat out one inning and we both sat out so any pictures would have just been of our team. I'll give it a shot next game and maybe even our practice. I think it would be much more fun if our beer was before the game instead of after. We'll work on that for next week!
Y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment