Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Matt and I started our Easter weekend by celebrating our 8 month anniversary! We are having a great time being married. I could put some corn-ball stuff in here about how we are learning more about each other everyday as we grow together as a couple...but really, we are just having a great time together.
My friend Tracy rescued a brother and sister puppy from a busy intersection in Venus on Tuesday night. We found a home for the boy but I took the girl home in hopes of keeping her. After many long discussions, Matt and I decided that we would find a home for the girl too. She was so sweet, loved to cuddle, and never had an accident in the house. Thursday night (4/01), we met up with her new parents and gave her away. It was really hard for me but I know it was for the best.

I got an email from Gracie's new mom today. She says she is doing great and sleeps with her 7 year old boy every night. I'm glad she found a good home!

Matt had to work on Friday so I spent the day doing absolutely nothing. Well, actually I caught up on my shows from the week. When Matt got home we went to dinner and a movie with our neighbors across the street. We ate Mexican food at On The Border and saw The Clash of the Titans. It wasn't a movie I would have ever picked out but it was good!...I'd see it again.
Matt had to work on Saturday so I decided that I would start a vegetable garden. I started digging a trench to place landscape timbers and then went shopping for seeds and plants. I also got some pretty flowers for the pots in the front yard...that have been empty for a year now.

This is the before picture.

The After Picture

I planted corn, broccoli, spinach, onions, jalapenos, serrano peppers and strawberries!

When I built this house, I did not pay extra to sod the back yard. They had sod left over from the front yard so some of the back has grass and some doesn't. This side of the house does not get much direct sun but we are going to give grass a try.

The rest of the weekend is a blur. Matt and I celebrated Easter at my parents' house by coloring eggs, hunting eggs, eating...a lot...and just hangin' out! We finished the garden Sunday evening and started cleaning up the backyard in order to lay sod. I'll keep sending pictures as we finish the sod and begin our deck!

This poor egg was broken so I made his broken head into a hat!

Lots of eggs!

Monster Egg!

These are a couple of Matt's eggs. The yellow one says Matt hearts Dianna. hee hee

He is very talented in his egg coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment