Friday, August 28, 2009


Wow! What a month!
As you all know, our month started out with a bang. Matt and I got married on August 1, 2009 at 6 in the evening. The wedding was perfect and as soon as I have some pictures to post, I will. The honeymoon was wonderful. We left very early on Monday (the 3rd) and arrived in Vegas around 8:30 am. We were pretty tired but managed to eat at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville before taking a nap. The entire week was busy doing various things including A LOT of walking. I think we walked over 45 miles total. I think Blue Man Group tops our list of favorites along with the Bellagio fountains. We got home late in the evening on Friday (the 7th) to a squeaky clean house-thanks to my best friend, Kimmie, my sister, Dennise and my parents. This made it so much easier to come home and just relax. I'll post some honeymoon pictures soon.
Audra turned one on the 8th so we celebrated her birthday with family and friends. She is so always. She is walking and is working on her vocabulary. Of course, Isaiah is perfect!
Matt has been working at two different locations since we have been back. Sharing his time between two banks has been harder for him than he thought but I think he is making the best of it. He is still loving what he does...except for going in on Saturday! He is working toward switching to the business banking side of things. He has so many opportunities at Wells Fargo.
I went back to school full time on August 17th. Our kids came back on August 25th. So far the school year has started off great. I am sharing department head responsibilities with another 8th grade science teacher, I am co-teaching with another teacher in 2 of my 5 classes, I have a clinical (student) teacher that will be with us until December and of course...I am still the cheer coach.
This past weekend we celebrated Dennise's birthday on Saturday the 22nd. Matt and I got to sleep in on Sunday and then went kitchen table shopping. We found a beautiful table for an incredible deal. While we were out shopping his grandparents called and said that they would be driving through. Fortunately, we were able to spend the evening with them. We had a chance to chat and have dinner.
Monday, I worked in my room all day painting and then Matt came up to help me get things ready for the first day of school. He is learning what it is like to be the husband of a teacher.
All is well! I can't believe it is already September!...and football season! I am uploading some pictures now...we shall see if I can get them in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment