Thursday, June 11, 2009

Updates!

I was out of school last Friday and it has been 100% wedding planning since. I was planning on teaching summer school but there were not enough students to make a full class so I wasn't needed. (Oh Darn!)
Last weekend, Matt and I went to Men's Wearhouse to finalize the tuxes. The groomsmen will be wearing an orange vest and an orange tie. The fathers will be wearing a black vest and a black tie. Of course, the most important man of the evening, the groom, will be wearing a purple vest and a purple tie. Here are a few pictures of Matt getting measured and trying on some samples. He is so cute!

Monday, I got up super early and went to my parents' house. My mom and I worked all day on the invitations. Most invitations have already been sent out but there are few addresses and stragglers that are still waiting to be mailed. Overall, they turned out really well.
Tuesday, my mom, dad and I went to Hobby Lobby to shop for odds and ends and then we headed to the Civic Center to discuss the room placement with our contact, Donna. We were all concerned that we are not going to have enough room for all of the people that we have invited. When we arrived, Donna had already been working on some seating arrangement ideas. I was not impressed with her arrangement at first but then it started to grow on me and now I am really excited about it. I like the different size and shape of the tables and the arrangement of the tables.

I know it may be hard to see but there are rectangular tables that will seat 12. There are small circular tables that will seat 4 and large circular tables that will seat 8. The dance floor is almost in the center of the room and the risers are on the far right of the room. The bridal party will walk down the aisle and Matt and I will get married on the risers. The bridal party's table is on the risers also. The buffet tables are on the far left of the room. We still need to switch some things around and add a couple of tables for various things.
Deb, Matt's mom, had a great idea for wedding favors. She is going to do kettle corn with orange and purple M&Ms. I thought they would look super cute on the tables with the bubbles so everyone can take a bag of kettle corn and bubbles on their way out!
After we left the Civic Center, we visited with Matt at the bank and discussed a few more details. Mom, Dad and I decided to take a trip to Sam's Club after leaving the bank. We picked up plates, rice, and taco seasoning at Sam's. We are still on the lookout for the drink dispensers. Apparently, they are a hot item and are on back order. If you see any inexpensive drink dispensers somewhere, let me know!
Wednesday, my parents and I headed out yet again. We picked up Matt's wedding band. He hasn't seen it yet. :) I debated on whether or not to tell him that I had it in my possession but I, apparently, can't keep a secret. It is an 8mm, tungsten, two-toned ring. It is brushed in the middle and shiny on the outside. Here is a fuzzy picture of it!

After picking up his ring, we shopped for other things and picked up the napkins, forks, spoons, knives, more ribbon and the sand for the ceremony! (We have decided to do a salt/sand ceremony instead of a unity candle.)
I have been debating on whether or not to have the table set when the guests enter the room or just have the plates and what-not at the start of the buffet line and how each would look. I think I have finally decided to set the tables so it looks super fancy and then put the program on top of the plate. Here are a couple of examples!

I visualized a purple program but we were having trouble finding ink that would be legible. After setting the table, I no longer like the purple program with the purple napkin, which must be good since we can't find ink that will work!
This is the light orange program which I like just fine.
This is the dark orange program that I like the best.
Here are the books all wrapped up with ribbon. I think I like this arrangement the very best. However, we are still working on it.

More books. If y'all have any ideas, let me know!
Today, we set out again to shop. There are little odds and ends that take up a lot of time when you have to go store to store. My Grandma Brown sent Matt and me money for our cake topper and today we bought the perfect one! (Thanks Grandma!) It is from the Willow Tree collection.
Together
For those who have found their true partner in love and life.
So far, things are moving pretty well. It is way more work than I thought it would be but I am loving every minute of it! We still have a lot to do but I have a long checklist that already has a lot marked off! I can't wait for August 1st to get here!

4 comments:

  1. Everything is coming along so perfectly Dianna! I think you are doing a wonderful job and love the plans you've made ~ it's going to be such a good time! 7 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a salt/sand ceremony?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are using the salt ceremony instead of a unity candle. Two different containers of salt represent Matt and me. They represent the fact that we are two different people; two different lives and experiences. We pour the salt from the two containers into one, symbolizing the pouring our lives into each other in our marriage. Salt adds flavor, makes us thirsty, brings healing, and preserves features. The salt that is poured into one container indicates that we are no longer two, but one, in love and in purpose. Once poured, we could not possibly separate the salt crystals back into their original containers, like our lives will no longer be separate. Matthew 5:13 Jesus said, "You are the salf of the Earth."
    -Dianna

    ReplyDelete