Thursday, June 25, 2009

Final Touches

My goal is to have most everything finished by July 1st. There are a few things that I wont be able to complete before the wedding week like getting my hair done, getting my nails done, buying cheese, buying lettuce ... and I am sure there are many more things that I can't think of right now.
One huge thing that I am anxiously waiting for, are the RSVPs. Many folks do not understand how important an RSVP actually is to a bride. Each person that RSVPs will have a chair at a table. That table has a tablecloth and of course a centerpiece. In order to know how many chairs, tables, table clothes and centerpieces we need, we have to know who is coming. Once my parents get an RSVP back, it goes into a spread sheet so we can keep tabs on who has sent back a response card. (Please do not assume that we know you are coming, if we haven't received a response card, your name has not been checked off.) As July 1st comes and goes, we will then have to call each individual person who was invited but did not send back a response card, to ask them if they are coming in order to get an accurate count of how many chairs, tables, table clothes and centerpieces we will need. Please send in your response cards as soon as possible...if not just because you love us but also for my sanity...please.
Once we know the head count, I can start the finishing touches such as finalizing the Civic Center, the centerpieces, the food, the place settings, the party favors, the bubbles and of course the seating arrangements.
Matt and I are so excited. Our big day is almost 5 weeks away. I can't believe summer is going by so quickly. As much as Matt and I would love to be married, we are trying not to wish away our summer and enjoy being engaged. We are also getting ready to celebrate the official anniversary of when we met. It is so hard to believe how much has happened within the past year and how fast everything has happened. We are so blessed to have so many friends and such wonderful family. We can't wait to see y'all!